The Single Mothers Support Fund has been designed and structured to help single mothers strengthen their educational and economic capacity. It provides financial assistance for applicants wishing to gain new, or update existing skills and qualifications with accessible funds not provided by government nor any other agency.
It will remove funding gaps and barriers by providing unique, integrated financial support for these mothers determined to advance out of poverty and lead a life of economic independence. The Single Mothers Support Fund will be available for mothers who have accessed services and are nominated by affiliated front line organizations.
The fund will run as a 1 year pilot and will cover the following supporting costs as determined by the unique circumstances of each applicant:
• Tutoring Costs
• Transportation Costs
• Food Costs
• Clothing (including uniforms, appropriate footwear)
• Educational/Training supplies (books, calculator, pens, binders etc.)
• Registration fees
• Basic Hygiene costs (dentist, haircuts, glasses etc.)
• Educational courses/job training programs not covered by other agencies
• Computer equipment (including internet & wifi)
• Childcare services to assist in accessing training or education courses
For more information please contact Fund Manager, Theresa Charlton.